14 September 2016
Jeff Bezos on Monday discharged the configuration and designing subtle elements of an effective, new rocket being created by his aviation organization Blue Origin. The Amazon organizer and CEO additionally insinuated feasible arrangements to colonize the moon or Mars.
In an immaculately coordinated declaration, Jeff Bezos Monday discharged the outline and designing points of interest of another rocket being created by his aviation organization, Blue Origin. Named "New Glenn" after the main US space explorer to circle Earth, John Glenn, the effective new rocket is intended to dispatch business satellites and people into space, says Mr. Bezos in a brief email declaration.
In reporting his organization's news, Bezos couldn't avoid taking a few punches at Elon Musk's SpaceX. The Tesla Motors organizer's spaceflight wander has been confronting examination in the most recent week over the unwavering quality of its innovation in the wake of losing a Falcon 9 rocket to a blast amid a fuel test on Sept. 1. Locally available was Facebook's $200 million interchanges satellite, which was intended to interface vast swaths of sub-Saharan Africa to the web.
"Our mascot is the tortoise. We paint one on our vehicles after each effective flight. Our proverb is 'Gradatim Ferociter' – regulated, savagely. We trust 'moderate is smooth and smooth is quick.' In the long run, purposeful and orderly wins the day, and you do things snappiest by never skipping strides. This orderly approach is a capable empowering agent of intensity and a basic fixing in accomplishing the bold," Bezos said in the declaration, attracting consideration regarding the complexity between his organization and Mr. Musk's.
Prescribed: How well do you know Elon Musk? Take our test!
SpaceX is around five years more established than Blue Origin. That implies it's much more remote ahead in building up a reusable rocket, considered the top need for business spaceflight organizations that are attempting to lower costs. SpaceX as of now has assembled a dynamic spaceflight business, with a huge number of dollars-worth of agreements secured to convey load for NASA to the International Space Station and correspondences satellites into space for business clients. The organization should begin carrying space travelers to the space station one year from now, however the sum total of what action has been put on hold while SpaceX and government offices examine the Sept. 1 blast. The generally shrouded Blue Origin, then, has been centered around space tourism and just enigmatically suggested today to secretive excellent arrangements for its space business and for human colonization. It isn't conveying freight to space yet, yet the organization is beginning to open its window ornament somewhat more extensive and offering looks into its spaceflight advancements. Blue Origin has justifiable reason motivation to be somewhat more open, after a few effective suborbital dispatches and supporter, or motor, arrivals of its New Shepard rocket (named after space traveler Alan Shepard, who turned into the principal American to achieve space in 1961).
"[Blue Origin] needs to produce more enthusiasm for the gathering general, to tell individuals that it's not simply Elon Musk who's doing this," Matthew Bey, vitality, science and innovation investigator at Stratfor, a worldwide research firm and research organization, tells The Christian Science Monitor.
New Glenn is greater and has a more effective motor than New Shepard and will have the capacity to fly freight and people past low-Earth circle before the decade's over, as indicated by Bezos. Blue Origin has been unobtrusively taking a shot at the rocket for a long time. A rendering of two renditions of New Glenn indicates them in a rocket lineup, towering over their rivals: the Delta IV Heavy by United Launch Alliance and SpaceX's expected Falcon Heavy rocket, which, before the blast, should lift off surprisingly before the current year's over.
In the event that Mr. Bey is translating the signs in Bezos' declaration effectively, the Amazon organizer could enter Musk's domain with desire next for human colonization of the moon or Mars. "Our vision is a huge number of individuals living and working in space, and New Glenn is a vital stride. It won't be the remainder obviously. Up next on our planning phase: New Armstrong," says Bezos in today's note.
"Take a gander at the example of names," Bey proposes. He brings up that Blue Origin rockets seem to have been deliberately named after the space explorer connected with each of the nation's significant space points of reference: from the main individual to achieve space (Alan Shepard), to the first to circle Earth (John Glenn), to the principal individual to stroll on the moon (Neil Armstrong).
10 June 2016
At least the final prototype is there and although the block with the promise lags a bit as it was supposed to be delivered in May. A final test is still to be done, but then it is there, with six modules.
GPS, extra battery, pulse sensor, humidity temperature-height blade, a programmable button and a flashlight. Several more as for body temperature, perspiration, fingerprint sensor and gesture control are to follow. Third-party developers are still invited for producing anything. Since the modules are in the band, you can use up to four modules simultaneously. The SmartWatch however, costs $ 341. In October will now be delivered.
Behind the Medion Life E66311 MD 84943 PLL world receiver hides a new radio that can receive radio stations worldwide and therefore ideal for traveling abroad. For the reception of radio programs a PLL synthesizer tuner is used, which can cover different frequency ranges such as FM, AM, LK and KW.
In addition, 400 channels can be stored and information are displayed on the LCD display with backlight. Alternatively, you can use the world receiver as an alarm clock and the 3.5 mm jack plug, you can connect headphones. The kit includes a power adapter for the power supply added, headphones and a carry bag for storage. For the operation batteries are needed, which are not included with the delivery. The guarantee by the manufacturer is indicated by three years.
· received worldwide radio stations
· ideal for travel
· PLL Synthesizer Tuner for book, MW, LW, KW
· LCD display with backlight
· 400 Preferred Sender
· suitable as an alarm clock
· Output 3.5mm headphone
· incl. power adapter, headphones and storage bag
· also runs on batteries (not supplied)
· 3 years warranty
· Price: € 19.99
· Available from Saturday, June 18, 2016 (week 24) at Aldi Belgium Aldi and Luxembourg
The Walter Li-Ion Cordless Drill operates with a voltage of 20 volt and it is powered by a powerful 1500mAh battery with energy, which works with the lithium-ion technology. The lithium-ion technology is characterized by low self-discharge, by the lack of memory effect and the low weight. Other special features include the quick charger, which can charge the battery in one hour, the LED charge indicator and the 2-speed gearbox. A total of 17 settings can choose the torque and a drill setting.
Furthermore, one to equip the Walter drill the quick stop, a soft-grip handle, an integrated LED work lamp and electronic control of the speed. Supplied with six drill, six bits and a magnetic bit holder included. This is the model D011-20V which has been certified by TÜV Rheinland and SLG. A GS-marking, for tested safety, is also available. The guarantee by the manufacturer includes three years.
Walter Li-Ion Cordless Drill 20V 1500mAh
· Including 6 drills, 6 bits, 1 magnetic bit holder
· With a wealth of accessories
· Li-ion battery with rapid charger (charging time 1 hour)
· Forward / reverse operation
· 20 Volt / 1500mAh Battery
· LED- Charging indicator
· Li-ion technology - low self-discharge, no memory effect
· 2-speed gearbox
· Quick stop
· 17 torque settings + drill setting 1
· Soft-grip handle
· Integrated LED work lamp
· Switch with electronic speed control
· Model: D011-20V
· TÜV Rheinland Certified
· GS Certified safety
· SLG Certified on functionality, durability, handling
· 3 years warranty
· Price: € 42.99
· Available from June 15, 2016 (week 24) in Norma
The Easyhome Electric Callus Micro-Pedi is used for easy and quick removal of the cornea, that you might have on the feet, hands or elbows. The rollers are equipped with a high-quality stone coating and should therefore remove the cornea without damaging the underlying skin layers.
In addition, a rubberized grip area ensures the perfect grip during treatment and the cleaning is easy and simple place. Included with the Micro Pedi Hornhautentferners include two mineral-rollers for added coarse and fine, as well as batteries for power supply. The guarantee by the manufacturer for three years, and a service address, as usual here also. The unit has been marked with an LGA seal for serviceability.
· For quick and easy removal of corneal feet, hands and elbows.
· quality stone coating of the rollers - callus removal without damaging the underlying skin layers
· Grinding insert rotates 30x per second to 360 degrees
· rubber grip for perfect grip during treatment
· easy cleaning
· Includes 2 Mineral-rollers (1 x coarse, 1 x fine) and batteries
· 3 years warranty
· With service address.
· LGA tested for usability
· Price: € 17,99
· Available from June 16, 2016 (week 24) at Aldi Süd
· LGA Tested for use
The new Easyhome bathroom scale is available in three different models with different color accents for sale and is activated via the Step-on technology, what we therefore need only enter the measuring area, thus turns on the scale. The platform is made from eight mm thick glass, and the dimensions of the balance are indicated with 32.5 x 31.5 centimeters in length and width.
The maximum capacity of the weighing scale is the manufacturer of 180 kilograms and the display takes place in 0.1kg / 0,2lb steps. The display of the weight, can be adjusted in three divisions: kilograms, pounds or stone. The package even includes batteries for added energy supply, as well as a service address. The guarantee is given by the usual three years by the manufacturer.
· "Step on" activation
· Platform of 8 mm safety glass
· Capacity max. 180 kg
· Graduation: 0.1kg / 0.2lb
· Weight units: kilograms, pounds, Stone
· Dimensions: 32.5 x 31.5 centimeters in length / width
· Many different designs to choose from (gray, black, white, with pattern)
· Including battery.
· 3 years warranty
· With service address
· Price: € 8,99
· Available from June 16, 2016 (week 24) at Aldi Süd
The new soap dispenser Easy Home is equipped with an infrared sensor, which can automatically issue liquids such as liquid soap, alcohol-based disinfectant and detergent. To output the cleaning fluids, the device must be not even touched. The dosage and thus the discharge amount can be adjusted.
Other special features include the automatic cleaning function, as well as the display for the battery condition. The capacity of the tank is provided with 350ml. The soap dispenser can sometimes be used in the bathroom or in the kitchen. It can be used as a stand or wall unit and supplied, there is added batteries and materials for installation. A service address completes the whole and the guarantee by the manufacturer is indicated by three years.
· Automatic Soap Dispenser with infrared sensor for automatic donations eg for liquid soap, not containing alcohol disinfectant or detergent.
· Suitable as stand or wall unit
· Contactless and comfortable
· Lighting of the functional area in use
· dosage adjusted
· Automatic cleaning function with battery indicator
· Suitable for bathroom and kitchen
· Capacity approx.: 350 ml
· Includes batteries and mounting material
· 3 years warranty
· With service address
· Price: € 14.99
· Available from June 16, 2016 (week 24) at Aldi Süd
28 May 2016
In China, a new architectural highlight is completed. In Zhangjiajie National Park in Hunan Province is from now on the longest glass bridge in the world. 430 meters long, the construction and the ground is composed of less than 5 cm thick Plexiglas, down it goes 300 meters and for people with vertigo and dizziness attacks this crossing is expected to be a major challenge. The bridge is the longest of its kind is located in the middle of the highest bungee platform in the world. Since an already dizzy when just watching. Presumably, this attraction will open in June / July. Until then, see a video after the break.
One more reason a Galaxy S7 Edge to purchase provides this new special edition of the Samsung smartphone. For the third anniversary of the hit game "Injustice: Gods Among Us" Warner and Samsung have jointly an S7 Edge in Batman brought out design. In elegant black with golden Batarang on the back. The box also contains a Batman-inspired case and a Samsung Gear VR. From the beginning of June markets such as China, Singapore, Korea, Latin America and Russia are recorded with this limited edition. Fairly common, because the phone looks really good. Video after the break.
The Canon IXUS 180 digital camera is as new entry-level camera in the sale, which costs very little and brings a basic equipment with them. First of all, there would be the 20-megapixel sensor to mention strong, capable of recording corresponding high-resolution photos. In the field of video recordings, however, is only one HD mode with 1280 x 720 pixels are available, which thus no Full HD recording is possible.
The image processing takes place on the DIGIC instead 4+ image processor and other features include, inter alia, the Intelligent IS system, which comes as image stabilization for use, as well as Smart Auto, for automatic selection of the appropriate settings for the desired photo. The preview and settings you can see on the 2.7-inch / 6.8-centimeter LCD screen, which has to provide a resolution of 230,000 pixels.
For wireless exchange of data are available, while also addressing the exchange of photographs and pictures with smart phones and tablet PCs is possible, as well as remote control of the camera sometimes Fi and NFC. Other connections follow for USB 2.0, Composite and a SD card slot for memory cards added. The supplied battery pack can store up to 245 pictures and up to four hours to perform playback.
Supplied with a connection cable, a Canon Bag DCC1320, an 8GB SD memory card and an instruction manual is included. The guarantee by the manufacturer for three years, and all further technical details can be found in front of the datasheet.
Canon IXUS 180 Digital Camera
· 20 Megapixels for detailed shots and perfect cutting magnifications
· 10x optical zoom with 24mm Ultra Wide Angle Lens
· 10 x zoom lens - 4.3 to 43 mm - f / 3.0 to 6.9
· DIGIC 4+ image processor
· Optical image stabilization
· Video recording at a maximum 1280 x 720 pixels
· Fi with NFC and wireless button allow convenient connection to smartphones or tablets - for remote shooting or sharing your photos
· Connections: Composite video / audio, USB 2.0
· 2.7-inch / 6.8-cm LCD display with 230,000-pixel resolution
· SD card slot for memory cards
· ISO: ISO 100, ISO 800, ISO 400, ISO 200, ISO 1600
· Intelligent IS: image stabilization for crisp photos and movies in any situation
· Smart Auto: automatic selection of the appropriate settings for inexperienced photographers
· Compact camera on the go for quality recordings with WLAN and high-performance battery
· 3 years warranty
· Battery: Photo shoot - 190 shots photographs - 245 shots (power saving mode) Play - 4 hours
· Software: Drivers & Utilities, Canon Map Utility, Canon Image Transfer Utility, Canon Camera Window DC
· Delivery: connection cable, original Canon Case DCC-1320 and 8GB SD memory card, user manual
· Price: € 139
· Available from June 2, 2016 (week 22) at Hofer
25 May 2016
- A set of tools/ constructs used to model a database
Legacy Data Models
Relational Data Model
- Two major Strengths
- Three Components
- Relational databases based on relational Data Model
- A relation R defined over domains D1, D2, …., Dn is a set of n-tuples, <d1, d2, …, dn> such that <d1 D1……, dnDn
Schemes in RDB
- EMP(eNo, eName, eTitle, eSal, pNo, eResp, pDur)
- PROJ(pNo, pName, bud)
- Each of the attribute in these two relations has a domain, like…
- Domains need not to be distinct
- Minimum nonempty subset of a relation whose values uniquely identify each tuple in relation
- The superset of the key is super key, like…
- We also have candidate, alternate, secondary, foreign
- Relation represented in a two dimensional form
- After defining a relation’s scheme, it is populated
- Tuples are rows and attributes are cols
- Attributes get values from same domain
- Can have NULL value, but….
- Step-by-step reversible process to produce anomalies free smarter tables
- Anomalies Types….
- Major step is decomposition
- Universal Relation approach
- Three Normal Forms
- Lossless decomposition
- Dependency preservation
- Norm. based on dependencies
- Up to BCNF on FDs
- MVD and P-JD
- A relation R defined on attributes A(A1, A2, …., An), if XA, YA, if for each value of X
- There is a unique value in Y, then X functionally determines Y, X Y
- If X Y and there is a Z X and Z Y, then X partially determines Y or Y is partially dependent on X
- A relation R defined on attributes A(A1, A2, …., An), if X A, Y A, Z A, if for each value of X
- There is unique value of (Y,Z) pair and Z depends only on X then X multi determines Z, X Z
- A relation R defined on attributes A(A1, A2, …., An), if X A, Y A, Z A, if R is equal to join of X, Y and Z then (X, Y, Z) constitute project-join dependency for R
- 1NF, attributes have only atomic values
- 2NF, there are no partial dependencies
- 3NF, for each X Y where Y is not in X, either X is a superkey of R or Y is prime attribute
Responsibility of Transparency
- Transparency is desirable but there is a compromise between level of Transparency and difficulty/cost
- The language/Compiler: to provide uniform method of manipulating data. Avoid connectivity details.
- Operating System: already provides in form of Device Drivers
- Can also provide network Trns. However not all provide complete.
- Third layer is DBMS. Uses features of Operating System in particular for network transparency.
- Practically, we get combination of all three.
Layers of Transparency
Reliability in DDBS
- Reliability through Distributed Transactions: Avoids simple point of failure
- Concurrency Issues: Transaction involving multiple records
- Failure Recovery: Involving multiple sites
- Through Data Localization
- Each site handles a portion of data, so contention of CPU or I/O is relatively less
- Reduces remote access delays; no matter how fast networks are latency delays are there and may be unacceptable in certain case
- Inter-query and Intra-query parallelism
- In case of Replication:
- Choose the appropriate copy
- Update impact reflected on all replicas
- Failure Recovery
- Cost: hardware and also the duplication of manpower
- Distribution of Control may cause problems if not used cautiously
The Problem Areas
- Database Design
- Query Processing
- Concurrency Control
- OS Support
- Relationship among them
- Distributed Files: A collection of files stored on different computers of a network; not a DDBS
- DDBS is logically related, common structure among files, and accessed via same interface
- Multiprocessor System: multiple processors that share some form of memory
Shared Everything Tight Coupling
Shared Everything Loose Coupling
- DDBS is also different from a centralized system having C/S system involving network
Reasons for DDBS
- Local units want control over data.
- Consolidate data for integrated decisions
- Reduce telecommunication costs.
- Reduce the risk of telecommunication failures.
Promises of DDBSs
- Data Independence
- Two types, Logical Data Independence and Physical Data Independence
- A transparent system hides the implementation details from its users
- User should not only be free from network management activities rather it should be unaware of even existence of the network
- Location Transparency and Naming Transparency
Distributed DB and DBMS
Distributed Database: A collection of logically interrelated databases that are spread physically across multiple locations connected by a data communications link.
- Data at multiple sites
- DM at each site ind.
- Local requirements
- Global perspective
Where to apply
- Major two reasons that make an application a candidate to be DDBS application
- Large Number of Users
- Operation spread large geographical area
- Air Ticketing
- Business at multiple locations
Distributed DBMS: A software system that permits the management of DDB and makes the distrib. transparent to the users
Decentralized Database: A collection of independent databases on non-networked computers.
Little bit of History
- Traditional File Processing System: the very first form of business data processing
- Each program contains data description that it manipulates
- Redundancy of data
- Problems in maintenance
File Processing Systems
Duplication of Data
Vulnerable to Inconsistency
Database Approach: (Also called centralized database) Database is a shared collection of logically related data
- Takes care of all major drawbacks of File System Environment plus more
Distributed Computing System
- A number of autonomous processing elements that are connected through a computer network and that cooperate in performing their assigned tasks
- Distributed System Software enables computers to coordinate and share
- The thing being distributed?
- Processing logic
- Control; All are relevant and important here
Classifications of DCS
- Degree of Coupling
- How closely systems are connected
- May be the measured as ratio of messages interchanged to the local processing
- Could be Weak (over the network) or Strong (if components are shared)
- Interconnection structure
- Could be point to point or a common interconnection channel
- Interdependence of Components
- Factors are not totally independent
- Suits some of the Organizational Structures; more reliable and responsive
- Nature of some applications
- Technological Push
- Information Islands and Lack of Standards
- Difficulties in Large Application Design
- Too Many Options Available
17 May 2016
The Sharp LC-48CFE4042E Full HD LED TV TV comes with a screen size of 48 inch / 121-centimeters in the past and it is a full HD equipment that supports a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The built-up panel offers typical LED backlight technology, the 100Hz technology for clear and smooth images, a high contrast ratio of 1,000,000: 1 and a brightness of 300cd / m². The reception of TV programs is possible via the Modern Triple-Tuner, which is designed for DVB-T / T2, DVB-C and DVB-S1 / S2. Since the H.265 / HEVC standard is supported, also DVB-T2 content can be received in the future.
Additional features of this Sharp TV include the 16-watt speakers, the USB media player that can play various formats in the fields of audio, photo and video, as well as the wide range of connectors, including HDMI, USB and Common -Interface added count. The sound reproduction takes place over 16 watts (RMS) powerful speakers that support Dolby Digital and DTS. Power consumption is + specified with an energy efficiency rating of A or with 66 watts in operation. Included is a remote control with batteries, a manual and cables. To buy you can collect 199 Payback points and save a total of 450 €. The offer to deal the day at Real is available from 6 am through the online store and the day in the store, while supplies last.
· 48-inch / 121-centimeter screen size, 100Hz, Full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels
· TV- Reception Mode: DVB-T1+T2/C/S1+S2 H.265/HEVC
· Contrast: 1,000,000: 1
· Brightness: 300 cd / m²
· File Format USB Play: AVI/MKV/WMV/ASF/MP4/M4v/RM/RMVB/VOB/TS/M2TS/MPG/FLV/SWF, MP3, M4a, WMA, AAC, AC3, EAC3, LPCM, OGG, JPG, JPEG, BMP, PNG
· Rated power: 16 watts RMS
· Dolby technology: Dolby Digital Plus with DTS support
· 3x HDMI port, 2x USB, SCART connector, antenna input, CI Common Interface slot, headphone jack, Digital audio output optical, satellite In, Mini Component / YPbPr, Composite input Mini + Audio In
· Mode: mains operation
· Average annual energy consumption: about 96 KW
· Power consumption operation: 66 Watt
· Energy consumption standby: 0.5 Watt
· Energy efficiency class: A +
· VESA Standard: 400 x 400 mm
· Dimensions: width with foot: about 1097.6 mm x height with feet: about 691.8 mm x Depth with feet: 230 mm
· Weight with stand: approximately 11.7 kg
· Scope of supply: LED TV, accessories, manual, remote control with batteries
· RRP of 799 €
· Payback points: 199